Latest Posts

Review: Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick

By 17:09 , , ,

The Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick was reformulated last year, I tried it out and was really impressed with the finish. Didn't get it though because I was sure how it'll fare on a long day as I only had it on for about two hours when I tried it out. My interest piqued again after the Bobbi Brown Workshop with Felix Nguyen and I finally decided to get my hands on it.


Dubbed the 'ultimate nude foundation' Bobbi Brown's iconic Foundation Stick has been reformulated with a unique transparent base plus skin tone correct pigments for a natural look. It contains an innovative blend of emollients - olive oil extracts and shea butter which helps to moisturise skin so the skin stays looking soft and smooth all day. Light diffusing powders and oil-control minerals help perfect the appearance of skin while reducing shine.

I was matched to Golden Natural which has enough yellow pigments in it to match my skin tone. Yes, it is a good match! The texture is amazingly light although slightly creamy, it blends out seamlessly. The finish is dewy but not oily and there is a bit of tackiness to it that needs a little getting use to if you have oily skin and don't usually go for this type of finish. All you have to do set it with some loose powder. The dewiness does come back in a few hours but I have been loving the dewy look on my cheeks, and I'm amazed that I don't look extra shiny in that area through out the day. That said I have no control over my t-zone and it does tend to get more oilier than usual, something I have willingly overlooked, but nothing a bit of blotting and some powder can't fix.


The finish though is so smooth that it looks fantastic both in person and in photos. Due to its texture, the Skin Foundation Stick can give you sheer right up to full coverage and it hides everything. For concealing my scars or hyper pigmentation I just dab it on, blend and it's concealed. It stays on for a good 8 hours with minimal transfer when blotting. I do however wear the Bobbi Brown CC Cream (review here) underneath to help make it last longer.



There are a few ways you can use the Skin Foundation Stick - apply with a foundation brush to achieve a sheer coverage, or lightly swipe it on to your face and blend it out with your fingers if you're in a hurry this works fast and gives a natural finish, or my preferred way of using it swiping it on the face and blending it out with a buffing brush for a seamless medium coverage. Either way, coverage is buildable. It's also easy to bring around in the make up bag for touch ups.


The Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick does not contain any spf making it perfect for an evening out or where there's flash photography involved. It retails at RM155 (9g) and is available in 24 skin tone correct shades.


Find out more:




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Appreciate your comments >_<