Latest Posts

Review: Estée Lauder Micro Essence - Skin Activating Treatment Lotion

By 17:20 , ,

Estée Lauder introduced the new Micro Essence earlier this month. Micro Essence Skin Activating Treatment Lotion is the first-of-its-kind "essence-in-lotion" that strengthen skin's foundation and reveal a youthful glow. It contains Micro-Nutrient Bio Ferment, a powerful concentrate which activates skin's mulitple "pro-youth" functions and help "reset" the look of skin.


Which basically means it makes the skin more resistant to visible signs of aging:

  • Strengthens skin’s barrier, an essential foundation for healthy skin
  • Calms irritation so energy is directed towards re-building and re-strengthening
  • Fuels energy potential, which is needed for skin to perform at its peak
  • Intensifies deep moisture for natural renewal to maintain a strong, supple feel and reflect light from within

Estée Lauder Micro Essence Skin Activating Treatment Lotion works in three ways to make the skin look younger:

  • Micro-Targeted – it penetrates rapidly and deeply within skin’s surface to reach where skin needs it most, saturating skin cells with new power to renew and rebalance
  • Micro-Nourishing – delivers a precise concentration of exclusive Micro-Nutrient Bio-Ferment, penetrating surface skin cells to nourish and energize
  • Micro-Active – activates multiple pro-youth functions to deeply replenish and “reset” the look of skin from within, layer by layer, immediately and long term

Here's what you might find interesting, Estée Lauder Micro Essence Skin Activating Treatment Lotion is 'Developed, Tested and Proven' for Asian skin. It is proven to improve on nine characteristics for a youthful glow - Clear, translucent skin, Youthful radiance, Even-toned skin, Refined texture, Smooth, supple and silky to the touch, Stronger barrier, Skin is calm, Reduced fine, dry lines and Hydrated skin.

It is best paired with Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair as it will penetrate the skin faster and deeper therefore better and faster results. Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair essentially helps promote the natural synchronization of skin's nighttime repair process so that it repairs its appearance at exactly the right time and promotes a natural nighttime purification process, vital to younger-looking skin with Estée Lauder's exclusive ChronoluxCB™ Technology.


Estée Lauder Micro Essence is suppose to be used twice daily - morning and night, followed by a repair serum. I found the texture to be a tad thick though. Given that it absorbs quite easily, it does leave a slightly sticky feeling on my oily skin. It's fine when I use it at night but it makes my skin appear a bit more shiny in the day. So I after a few day uses I resorted to nights only for two weeks.

There are two ways of using it, you can either pour about 5-6 drops into your palms, rub them together and press into the skin or pour into a cotton pad about 3cm in diameter, gently press and pat on which I'm more comfortable with. Both using from centre to outward-upward direction.

Within the first week of use I noticed an improvement in hydration and my skin tone appeared a bit even with my existing acne scars fading slightly. After two weeks my complexion appeared clearer, with better improvement in skin tone and my skin looks better in photos, better skin texture I'm assuming. I can't comment on the fine lines though as I don't think two weeks night only use would give fair results.


I did also notice that my skin appeared slightly off colour after two weeks. What I mean by that is, it seemed to reduce the yellow tone of my skin. If that's something you're looking for then I think it's a welcome surprise. However I didn't really fancy it, as the rest of me was still looking very yellow. Nothing strange about it, just that I have strong yellow undertones. I have to say though Estée Lauder Micro Essence did rather well with improving my skin's hydration.

Estée Lauder Micro Essence Skin Activating Treatment Lotion is now available at all Estée Lauder counters and retails at RM320 for 150ml.

*Product courtesy of Estee Lauder Malaysia.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Appreciate your comments >_<