Latest Posts

Review: Lancôme Super Serums - Lancôme Génifique Youth Activator and Lancôme Vissionaire Advanced Skin Corrector

By 01:34 , , ,

I'm still chasing youth! I don't think I'll ever stop but then again I think it's a chick thing especially when you start noticing those disturbing lines appearing. Enter anti-ageing products, I'm sceptical but I've tried some that have showed some sort of result. But I'm always in search of ones that work even better.

So when the awesome people over at Lancôme Malaysia asked whether I wanted to put the Lancôme Super Serums to the test, saying no was not even an option. I was beyond excited! Lancôme Super Serums are made up of the power duo of Lancôme Génifique Youth Activator and Lancôme Vissionaire [LR 2412 4%] Advanced Skin Corrector. Together they are the powerful combination which restores youth!


There was only one catch though... I had to try Lancôme Super Serums on only half of my face for two weeks!! I kid you not! Since it was for anti-ageing purposes, I was game! Before I tell you guys what happened in that two weeks, I should introduce the power couple first so that you can get to know them a little better.

I have actually reviewed Lancôme Génifique Youth Activator in June last year. The verdict: Broke out at first but eventually saw results. Read review here. Lancôme Genifique Youth Activator boost the gene's activity so that the skin looks younger. It significantly significantly improves skin tone, luminosity, replumps the skin and enhances elasticity. 



Now the Lancôme Vissionaire Advanced Skin Corrector was something new to me. Despite already having a mini session on the Vissionaire I haven't had a chance to try the serum until now. Read write up here. Lancôme Vissionaire range is a result of 12 years of research protected by 17 patents and contains a unique plant extract beauty molecule that has the ability to repair itself. 



How does it works on skin?
It penetrates into the deepest layer of the skin to trigger the healing process - it repairs, regenerates and strengthen skin tissue.
  • Corrects wrinkles
  • Tighten pores
  • Evens out skin tone
  • Hydrates for intense radiance
Lancôme Génifique is housed in a black-grey ombre luxe bottle with a dropper dispenser. The translucent liquid is light in texture and absorbs easily. I use two drops after cleansing.  Followed with Lancôme Vissionaire Advanced Skin Corrector which is housed in an aqua luxe bottle with a pump  dispenser. The gel-like texture is light and readily absorbs into the skin. I use one full pump which easily covers my face and neck. I used the Super Serums at night only as I didn't want my face to be too oily.






For two weeks I was a science experiment, which was so exciting! *laughs* I applied Lancôme Super Serums on the left side of my face and I saw a difference within a week. My complexion was a lot brighter, by about 40% and I saw an improvement with my skin tone. The moment of truth came when Jean noticed the difference at my Christmas Party.  She took a photo of us and noticed that my complexion on the left looked clear and bright. I didn't realise anyone would notice! I then went around asking people to guess which side had been touched by the Super Serums and they all got it right, the left side! Even under makeup my skin appeared luminous, clear and my pores appear smaller. 


*Note: Photos below are taken with bare skin.




After two weeks there was a huge improvement with my complexion. My complexion appeared luminous, some of my dark acne scars appeared lighter which basically meant my skin tone improved and my pores around the cheek area was tighter. I noticed I went  light on the foundation as well. My complexion looked fantastic. Of course after the 2 week experiment I started applying the Super Serums on the right side as well. Wouldn't want to walk around looking like "Fatin Two Face Chocolate Cats". If the experiment had gone on for any longer I might have really looked the part. *hysterical*



So there's my review on  Lancôme Super Serums, they seem to work on me, a pleasant surprise, and I'm dying to get you guys to try it too! I will be giving away a few sets of Lancôme Super Serums thanks to Lancôme Malaysia sometime this week. So stay tuned!! :)

*Note: Lancôme Super Serums - Lancôme Génifique Youth Activator and Lancôme Vissionaire Advanced Skin Corrector were courtesy of Lancome Malaysia. Thank you loads!!

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. you looks fairer after using it wow! :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's crazy! the two face photo!!!!!
    brave girl, too brave. =p

    ReplyDelete
  3. yuh jiun: i think it's the lighting. but my complexion did appear a lot birghter. :)

    jean: i know right! i could've been in a batman movie. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well i got both of them today and waitting for the results

    But you didnt tell how did you put the two of them , you said you put both at night but how?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there,

    I'm surprised the BA didn't explain how to apply them. Apply Genifique first after toner. Two drops is usually enough depending on size your face. Then apply Vissionaire to whole face, 1 pump should be enough. Apply moisturiser after.

    Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments >_<